[meteorite-list] Anti-rust

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:45 2004

Hello,

I am currently treating a 150 lb Campo for rusting
problems.

It will take about 6 months, an it is currently into
its 4th month.

I will post the results.

Also, the NaOH solution that I have used can also be
use in an electrolytic process where the meteorite
becomes the anode and the offending chlorine ions are
driven out of the specimen. I have not tried this
yet, and have chosen to use the passive method of
letting the specimen sit in the solution for extended
lenghts of time.

Steve Schoner/ams
http://www.geocities.com/meteorite_identification

Steve Schoner/ams
--- Joseph Murakami <murakamij004_at_hawaii.rr.com>