[meteorite-list] Meteorwrong ?

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:46 2004

Hello List, My mother in law said she had a rock she found in OK. that looks
just like my meteorites. Indeed it did, But its not a meteorite, I do not
know what it is. It looks to have a thin crust, it is not attract a magnet
in the slightest. It does not look like any slag I have seen. It seems to be
made of natural material. What weird is it looks like it was melted and
poured down a small hole in the ground. I feel like it could have been made
by a lightning strike. I live in a very volcanic area and am getting to know
volcanic rock pretty good and does not look it at all. Any ideas of what
this can be???
Thanks, Tom
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168