[meteorite-list] Favorite Ordinary Chondrites

From: James Baxter <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:48 2004

Hello Berndt,

I don't think I can choose favorites but I'd like to speak up for two
chondrites which I think are underrated, presumably because they are
so common and available.

The first is Zag (H3-6) , spectacular brecciation, really
unequilibrated host, and fresh thick crust.

The other is El Hammami (H5),light matrix with nicely contrasting
blue chondrules and dramatic veins of metal ,also very fresh crust.

Regards,
Jim Baxter

p.s. Of course there is the magnificent Portales Valley (H6) which is
technically an ordinary chondrite, though I place it in a class by
intelf both in terms of beauty and interest.