[meteorite-list] Favorite Ordinary Chondrites

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:48 2004

Hi List,

My favorite ordinary chondrite (are any of them really ordinary??) are the ones that
don't land on me but land close around me so I can collect them before any of the
other dealers out there :-) !!!!!

My favorites are:

Plainview, Texas (a) great typical chondrite
Richfield, Ks great structure with armored chondrules
Ghubara, Oman for its great many and unusual clasts
Dimmitt, Texas has many specimens rolled up into one
Noblesville, Indiana from my home state and great example of H chondrite host with
breccia
                                 from other parts of the asteroid it is from (Hebe)
Nice fusion crust too!

--AL Mitterling