[meteorite-list] Meteorite Propagation

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:49 2004

Hi Dave,
        Michael here, on the MichaelBloodMeteorites Stud Farm.
        Unfortunately, while all offspring of such a pairing DO carry
the Pallasite gene, that allele is shared with a Mesosiderite gene
which is dominant. In otherwords, first generation offspring of
such a paring are mesosiderite phenotype, though they are
Meso/PAL genotype.
        Now, as with Mendel's Peas, if you breed within this Mesosiderite
generation, you WILL get 25% Pallasites! Unfortunately, meteorite
breeding programs are only now being conceived - that is, they
are still in their seminal stage. (do excuse the puns)
        Hope this answers your questions. Please do not hesitate to
proffer additional questions, Dr. Blood will by happy to respond.
        PS: Last week I put out a call for proper mates for my prize male
Gibeon and Sikhote-Alin studs. Unfortunately, no females have been
submitted for the list. Therefore, later today, I will photograph the
intended females here, on my own meteorite ranch, and provide
them for public evaluation as to whether or not they are considered
to be of suitable quality.

on 3/17/03 5:46 PM, Dfpens_at_aol.com at Dfpens@aol.com wrote:

> What do you get when you cross an iron with a stony meteorite? Is it a
> pallasite?
>
> Dave P.

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
    Adolf Hitler
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: