[meteorite-list] Meteor Chunks Crash In South Suburb - illinois

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:52 2004

Hello List,
After doing some additional research and making a few phone calls, it
appears that BIG STEVE is not only correct, but is credited for breaking
the news to our List.

I know that several of our dauntless meteorite hunters are either on
location or in route.

This hunt will be very different than most of the chased falls in the past
several years where the site was anything from semi-rural to outright remote.

  Imagine...urban meteorite hunting.

  At least when the dealers/hunters start laying down large sums of
greenbacks in bars, fastfood restaurants, and parking lots, the locals
won't be too suspicious. However, there may be more danger in South
Chicago than in Africa;-)

John Gwilliam