[meteorite-list] Meteor Chunks Crash In South Suburb - illinois

From: Mark Langenfeld <mlangen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:52 2004

> Hello List,
> After doing some additional research and making a few phone calls, it
> appears that BIG STEVE is not only correct, but is credited for
breaking
> the news to our List.
>
> I know that several of our dauntless meteorite hunters are either on
> location or in route.

Lots of news and photos available on the Chicago TV stations' websites.
Reportedly, 100 pieces have been recovered so far, the largest at 2+
kg/softball size. (One of the larger pieces shown looks very much like a
breccia.) People are being urged to "turn over" finds to the scientific
community.

Mark