[meteorite-list] Meteor Chunks Crash In South Suburb - Illinois - STONES RECOVERED

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:52 2004

Hello List,

I apologize for this post being so late, but I wasn't
aware that Steve Arnold's post was still being
questioned. I will only add to John Gwilliam's post
to "re-confirm" his report.

I am the moderator of a discussion group known as
"Bolide_Chasers" and I have just received a cell phone
call that confirms that one of our own List members
has already recovered several stones - to include a
200g chondrite that quote "...reminds one of
Thuathe"!!

More to follow...
Bob Verish

[meteorite-list] Meteor Chunks Crash In South Suburb -
illinois
John Gwilliam jkg_at_theriver.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:18:08 -0700

Hello List,
After doing some additional research and making a few
phone calls, it
appears that BIG STEVE is not only correct, but is
credited for breaking the news to our List.

I know that several of our dauntless meteorite hunters
are either on location or in route.

This hunt will be very different than most of the
chased falls in the past several years where the site
was anything from semi-rural to outright remote.

  Imagine...urban meteorite hunting.

  At least when the dealers/hunters start laying down
large sums of greenbacks in bars, fastfood
restaurants, and parking lots, the locals won't be too
suspicious. However, there may be more danger in
South Chicago than in Africa;-)

John Gwilliam

At 02:20 PM 3/27/03 -0500, CMcdon0923_at_aol.com wrote:
>If you watch the entire video feed, as the reporter
rolls it around in her
>hands, it CERTAINLY seems to be partially crusted,
and even may show some