[meteorite-list] New Illinois Fall, Lang-Hupe team on location

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:52 2004

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C2F48D.B9CBC320

Dear list members,

I am posting for my brother, Adam and Al Lang who both flew to the =
Illinois fall within three hours of hearing about it last night and were =
the first non-locals to arrive and start interviewing and collecting =
specimens. Al flew from New York while Adam flew from Seattle and they =
met at the airport in Chicago early this morning. We should have speedy =
preliminary results through the University of Washington like we did =
with Bensour.

While they were in route, I called and interviewed the local police =
chief and others to arrange meetings for Adam and Al once they landed. =
They did meet with the chief and the Univeristy of Chicago along with =
dozens of residents of the area.

They report that the fall appears to be about 40 kilos so far but will =
probably grow once more reports come in. At first glance, it appears to =
be an LL6 chondrite like Bensour and Kilabo but with a courser crust. It =
is loaded with troilite like the others also.

This fall is definately a "hammer" as two houses, a fire house and at =
least two cars were hit. Adam and Al are educating locals what to look =
for and were told of one instance where a dog found a freshly crusted =
stone also! They are canvasssing the neighborhoods and mapping the =
strewn field by addresses at the outset and will follow up with GPS =
coordinates as time allows.

If anyone in the Illinois area would like to get in contact with Adam =
and Al, please call Adam on his cell number at (425) 591-8738. They will =
be in the area for a few days or as long as it takes.

I will report more as word comes in.

Take care,

Greg Hupe
IMCA 2185

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C2F48D.B9CBC320

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear list members,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am posting for my brother, Adam and =
Al Lang who=20
both flew to the Illinois fall within three hours of hearing about it =
last night=20
and were the first non-locals to arrive and start interviewing and =
collecting=20
specimens. Al flew from New York while Adam flew from Seattle and they =
met at=20
the airport in Chicago early this morning. We should have speedy =
preliminary=20
results through the University of Washington like we did with=20
Bensour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>While they were in route, I called and =
interviewed=20
the local police chief and others to arrange meetings for Adam and Al =
once they=20
landed. They did meet with the chief and the Univeristy of Chicago along =
with=20
dozens of residents of the area.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They report that the fall appears to be =
about 40=20
kilos so far but will probably grow once more reports come in. At first =
glance,=20
it appears to be an LL6 chondrite like Bensour and Kilabo but with a =
courser=20
crust. It is loaded with troilite like the others also.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This fall is definately a "hammer" as =
two houses, a=20
fire house and at least two cars were hit. Adam and Al are educating =
locals what=20
to look for and were told of one instance where a dog found a freshly =
crusted=20
stone also!&nbsp; They are canvasssing the neighborhoods and mapping the =
strewn=20
field by addresses at the outset and will follow up with GPS coordinates =
as time=20
allows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone in the Illinois area would =
like to get in=20
contact with Adam and Al, please call Adam on his cell number at (425) =
591-8738.=20
They will be in the area for a few days or as long as it =
takes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will report more as word comes =
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Take care,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>IMCA 2185</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005D_01C2F48D.B9CBC320--