[meteorite-list] Park Forest meteorite debacle

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:53 2004

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C2F5C2.A5357600

Mike and all the others that went to Chicago,

I want to thank you all for your attempts and to say that this will bite =
the asses of all that have pieces that want too much for them.=20

Let the idiots have there day and think they are going to be rich. Let =
the museums show their true colors and disappoint those that think they =
are going to get rich by selling to the museums. Do not let this crap =
get you mad.

I predict that in a month or so this stuff will show up on ebay....at =
first for way too much, then the price will drop. As long as some of our =
members have some samples they will be able to tell the rest of us if it =
is real when it hits ebay.

In the past couple of years on the antiques road show a man from Tucson =
had an Indian Chief Blanket on there...valued at $500,000.00+ dollars. =
My wife and I buy and sell alot of native american blankets. After that =
blanket aired on the Roadshow every blanket we saw at sales was priced =
through the roof whether it was native american or made in mexico. We =
tried to explain to the sellers the differences and they all got mad, =
said they would rather "donate" to the Heard Museum or what they termed =
"real" collectors and get the tax break then sell too cheap. Everyone =
thought they would get rich. For a while you couldn't touch the =
blankets. We left our cards with everyone and just left them to their =
own devices.
Well then the bubble popped, the museums told them what they had were =
not the geniune items, and many that were genuine were not "Chief" =
blankets which are truly rare. Soon after the bubble popped we were bak =
to buying blankets for what they were worth....and we did have the =
satisifaction of telling those that were truly rude to shove their =
blankets were the sun don't shine.

My point is that these morons with stones that listened to the other =
morons say it was worth $500 an ounce will soon find out that they can't =
sell it for that and the museum is not about to pay that much and will =
be looking to sell the stuff. Afterall, all the museums I have ever =
dealt with have "limited" budgets. It is not like this is a lunar, how =
much of it will they actually want to buy? And if you factor in all the =
"wrongs" that will show up which will probably be 5 times more than the =
real thing the museum will close shop quickly enough.

You guys that went there to get the stuff deserve a huge thanks from all =
of us for trying. It will show up sooner or later. When people think =
they have a treasure that will make them rich they are always anxious to =
get the money. When they find out they are not millionaires they will =
sell, and then you will be in the driver seat.

Hopefully there will be plenty for sale soon

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ
  ----- Original Message -----=20