[meteorite-list] Cosmic Dust

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:33 2004

Hello Ron and List!!, Im writing this e-mail to ask a question that Ive had
for a long time. Back in time when I started liking meteorites was a person
that teached me a lot (Harry de la Pena, rest in peace), I used to talk to
him a lot. Well one time he told me to take a magnet in the desert and pick
up tiny spherules attracted to a magnet, he told me that this particles are
actually Cosmic Dust. But according to Norton (Rocks from Space) this
particles Brownlee Particles are only found in the sediments on the surface
of the sea, this is the Cosmic Dust...

Then what are this similar Brownlee Particles found in the deserts????, I
have some of them in a small bottle in my house. Is this Cosmic Dust or just
magnetite?, disintegrated antique tools? or what???, hope you can answer
this tool!

            =0)
Rafael B. Torres
Space Collection 2001