[meteorite-list] Thuathe sale-Best ever.

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:39 2004

Hello List,
Would someone explain to me, why, if you find, buy, or sell meteorites,
there is such antagonism about how much profit a person makes on the
sale of a meteorite? Who sets the profit margin? Is it up to A
individual or the individual, is there some type of unwritten protocol
between collectors and sellers ? It's not a matter of "supply and
demand", as in any other business? If a person wants to sell a
meteorite, rather than keep it, for more than he bought it for,because
the new buyer wants it, and is willing to pay the price, is that wrong?
I'm serious. I don't undertand. This is a sincere Question. I am
attacking no-one. Only trying to undersand "this" facet of meteorites.
The Finders and Identifiers, the Buyers, Sellers, Collectors, Learners
(me) and Archivists,and more, are all an integral part of the same
Family, right? I would appreciate a civil answer please, to an honest
question, hopefully without getting my head lobbed off. Regards, Marcie