[meteorite-list] OT: Earth and Moon Image

From: Ryan Darby <rdarby_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:43 2004

The spacecraft was named after the miner's daughter in the old ballad
'My Darlin' Clementine'. This seemed appropriate since one of the
spacecraft's major tasks would be to determine the mineral content of
the Moon and an asteroid. And, as in the song, after the asteroid flyby,
Clementine was to be 'lost and gone for ever'.