[meteorite-list] Weight scam

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:44 2004

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C322D1.BDAC49C0

Well guys, sorry to be so "Anal" but any way you possible look at this, =
the situation is still ludicrous. the simple solution for him would be =
to do like basically everyone else I have ever seen on ebay, quote a =
price for domestic and international shipping. That is what I do. The =
packaging material especially for a small NWA meteorite is NIL, You use =
a bubble envelope for something that weighs 30 grams. Shipping from =
Spain on an item that small is about $4.00 airmail. =20
    And the person who called me anal, well, I guess you go to the =
supermarket and buy steak, paying for 2 pounds only to find you get 1 =
pound of meat and one pound of plastic. Ill bet you would go right back =
to the store. I sure would.=20
    Well, I just hope everyone sees this mess and decides to buy from =
someone who actually does not need to use trigonometry to calculate =
shipping material, deducting the gas money and terrorism risks to go to =
the post office to ship, dividing the sum of the parts of the stone =
subtracting the atomic number of gold. Pretty stupid huh?=20
End of story, buy from dealers.=20
Mike Farmer

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C322D1.BDAC49C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well guys, sorry to be so "Anal" but =
any way you=20
possible look at this, the situation is still ludicrous. the simple =
solution for=20
him would be to do like basically everyone else I have ever seen on =
ebay,=20
quote&nbsp;a price for domestic and international shipping. That is what =
I do.=20
The packaging material especially for a small NWA meteorite is NIL, You =
use a=20
bubble envelope for something that weighs 30 grams.&nbsp; Shipping from =
Spain on=20
an item that small is about $4.00 airmail. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; And the person who =
called me=20
anal, well, I guess you go to the supermarket and buy steak, paying for =
2 pounds=20
only to find you get 1 pound of meat and one pound of plastic. Ill bet =
you would=20
go right back to the store. I sure would. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well, I just hope =
everyone sees=20
this mess and decides to buy from someone who actually does not need to =
use=20
trigonometry to calculate shipping material, deducting the gas money and =

terrorism risks to go to the post office to ship, dividing the sum of =
the parts=20
of the stone subtracting the atomic number of gold. Pretty stupid huh?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>End of story, buy from dealers. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F5_01C322D1.BDAC49C0--