[meteorite-list] Re: Barringer Meteor $$$$

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:45 2004

--part1_a3.41eb5388.2c03ac56_boundary

martino.6_at_osu.edu writes:

> when I asked her if it was OK for me to drive out and see the ruins [
> American Meteorite Museum] she said that it wasn't allowed, but that she wouldn't
> try and stop me from doing it. So now I have a nice, very substantial brick
> from the walls. :)
>
> So my personal experience there has been different than Steve's, obviously.

My experience was even more casual. I stopped at that gas station too,
engaged in the same general discussion with the woman behind the counter, but when
I asked about going out to the Museum site, the woman said, "Sure, no
problem". This was a couple of years ago, maybe they've had to tighten it up a bit.
Here are a couple of pix taken from the "ruins", with the crater in the
distance. While the growling about the seemingly high-side entrance fee is
certainly understandable, it's still an absolutely sacred pilgrimage for the
collector, and never ceases to awe, no matter how many times one returns.

       Gregory

<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum4.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum4.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum2.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum2.jpg</A>
<A HREF="http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Crater2.jpg">http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Crater2.jpg</A>

--part1_a3.41eb5388.2c03ac56_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
martino.6_at_osu.edu writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">when I asked her if it was OK f=
or me to drive out and see the ruins [<I>American Meteorite Museum</I>] she=20=
said that it wasn't allowed, but that she wouldn't try and stop me from doin=
g it. So now I have a nice, very substantial brick from the walls.&nbsp; :)<=

<BR>
So my personal experience there has been different than Steve's, obviously.<=
/BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
My experience was even more casual.&nbsp; I stopped at that gas station too,=
 engaged in the same general discussion with the woman behind the counter, b=
ut when I asked about going out to the Museum site, the woman said, "Sure, n=
o problem".&nbsp; This was a couple of years ago, maybe they've had to tight=
en it up a bit.&nbsp;&nbsp; Here are a couple of pix taken from the "ruins",=
 with the crater in the distance.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; While the growling about=
 the seemingly high-side entrance fee is certainly understandable, it's stil=
l an absolutely sacred pilgrimage for the collector, and never ceases to awe=
, no matter how many times one returns.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum4.jpg">http://w=
ww.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum4.jpg</A><BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum2.jpg">http://w=
ww.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/NiningerMuseum2.jpg</A><BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://www.members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Crater2.jpg">http://www.membe=
rs.aol.com/sharkkb8/Crater2.jpg</A><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_a3.41eb5388.2c03ac56_boundary--