[meteorite-list] Is Shirokovsky a meteorite?

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

Well, I have a quite strong feeling, we have the first man-made
pallasite in Shirokovsky...;-

Just a quess, but anyway, I have some quite unbeliveble pieces
in minerals, made in Russia in good old times...

If so, this piece could be called a "pallasite", but the story about
frozen lakes and divers should be removed from the description.

I have been tried to find these "trough ice" -cases, and this far
Bjurbole is the only known one. So the whole case sounds a bit
oddy to me.

Anyway, listing the item "as is" with the story with no evidence
is not a very correct way. Perhaps a "synthetic pallasite"...?

take care,

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen