[meteorite-list] Is Shirokovsky a meteorite?

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

<<In meteorites we donīt have the ethical norms widely accepted, >>

Ethics is not dependent of what you're selling, be it meteorites, fossils, coins, stamps, gems, or elephant dung. It doesn't matter! You are either an ethical PERSON or you are not.

<< There are some ethic norms in gems, if you are selling a synthetic one, that should be mentioned, some dealers do this, some doesnīt. >>

And those who do not are UNethical.

<< Well, itīs sure to me, a man-made pallasite is not a pallsite, but if these will be on the market in the future, they should be classified some way. >>

They should be sold as replicas / counterfeit / synthetic, or some other adjective that clearly states to the seller that THEY ARE NOT REAL. Bottom line....they AIN'T meteorites!!!