[meteorite-list] Is Shirokovsky a meteorite?

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

--WebTV-Mail-17833-415

Gregory and list:

In fact I informed the seller about a month ago that the status of
Shirokovsky was questionable. At the time the seller was running an
ebay auction for the same 0.64g slice. He replied that he would "look
into it" and ended the auction. When I saw that he had relisted the
slice last night, I first checked to see if he was still an IMCA member,
as he had stated that he was the first time the slice was listed, but
did not state as much in his current listing. Since the listing clearly
states that Shirokovsky is a rare pallasite, and since the seller
understands that status is questionable (why else sell it "as is"?), I
felt this auction was an attempt by the seller to simply pass his loss
on to someone else. While I am not myself a member of the IMCA, I do
understand the goals of that group, and this seller would seem to be
less then forthright in his description.
Regards,
Charlie

--WebTV-Mail-17833-415