[meteorite-list] Crow eaters

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:25:46 2004

Hi Marcia and all,

I'll have to join the group at the banquet table (what does one serve with crow, some
kind of kidney bean and Chianti? Opps wrong movie). I will say this, out of all of the
meteorwrongs we have investigated, commented on, persuaded people they didn't have a
meteorite, made people mad because they had a meteorwrong (leaverite), this is the
first time out of dozens, maybe hundreds of auctions that we were mistaken. I don't
think anyone does it out of pleasure or wanting to rain on anyone's parade but rather
to keep those not knowledgeable and those that would buy from them misrepresenting and
buying something that isn't a meteorite. Also keeping the selling of specimens honest
so people will come to our group and buy.

I personally think it might be nice to try to acquire some of this material so Steve
Schoner can take a look at it and try to derive something of science out of it. All my
best or should I say caw caw.

--AL