[meteorite-list] Failure to communicate...

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 2004

Matteo, list and all...

What I think we have here is a profound lack of
communication.

I tried "Babblefish" on Matteo's Italian post and it
came out in... well exactly as Matteo originally
posted in English. "Fairies" and "Struck ones"
included.

These translation programs do not do very well
translating Italian into English. And that does not
even address dialects, for there are differences
between nnorthern and southern IItalian

My only suggestion is for Matteo to be very simple in
his words. Use 1st and 2nd grade words in simple
sentences, no slang or phrases such as those that
would create "Fairies" or "Struck ones" in the
translation.

(if I became a "struck one" by a meteorite, I would
not mind)

Just trying to be constructive here, for a lot of what
I have seen this "idiocy" thread is probably due to a
lack of communication.

Steve Schoner/ams