[meteorite-list] Failure to communicate...

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:50 2004

Hello Steve

I have search and tested all internet translators
present but all have problems to translate italian to
english. Probably is good I put the text in italian
and after who want translate this, if I have close to
put emails for this argoument....is others continue to
put emails on this.
Regards

Matteo

--- Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Matteo, list and all...
>
> What I think we have here is a profound lack of
> communication.
>
> I tried "Babblefish" on Matteo's Italian post and it
> came out in... well exactly as Matteo originally
> posted in English. "Fairies" and "Struck ones"
> included.
>
> These translation programs do not do very well
> translating Italian into English. And that does not
> even address dialects, for there are differences
> between nnorthern and southern IItalian
>
> My only suggestion is for Matteo to be very simple
> in
> his words. Use 1st and 2nd grade words in simple
> sentences, no slang or phrases such as those that
> would create "Fairies" or "Struck ones" in the
> translation.
>
> (if I became a "struck one" by a meteorite, I would
> not mind)
>
> Just trying to be constructive here, for a lot of
> what
> I have seen this "idiocy" thread is probably due to
> lack of communication.
>
> Steve Schoner/ams

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com