[meteorite-list] Misleading Images, a Real Problem

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:51 2004

Hi Rob,

I was not in any way questioning the beauty of NWA 1936 as it is a very nice
chondrite judging from the photos you provided. I feel the alterations made
it look less desirable in the second image. List members have been sending
us images all morning asking our opinion, which is just that, an opinion.
When these two auctions where forwarded I could see huge differences between
the two images demonstrating the problem with image manipulation. Your
image looks like it was not manipulated and for this we applaud you.

Wishing you the very best,

Adam Hupe