[meteorite-list] Ebay auctions with stories and trying not to laugh too loud!

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

Dave had said " why doesn't he quit feeding his dog oatmeal cookies?"
Hi Dave, Jeff and List,
I'll tell you what.......when I saw the "meteorrite and read the
description info., I was ready to offer to run him up a large bag of
dogfood, out of pocket expense, if he'd just promice NOT to sell anymore
psuedo- meteorites!!!!!! I'm only 15 or so miles south from Racine, Wi.
At this point in time, friend or no friends influence and
story,included, I am not too worried that anyone would be fooled by this
ad,
let alone buy at that price!!!
The only thing that would make it BAD, would be if somebody actually
bought it.
The only thing that would make it WORSE, would be if the buyer hails
from somewhere here in Southeast Wisconsin!!!!!!!!
In which case, I'll know that the extra radiation leaks, from now closed
down Power plant, and the air quality being poor quality from being
caught in a cross-stream pattern from 5 different power Plants ,as far
south as Louisianna, have finally started taking effect on the
hypo-thallmus parts of peoples brains in the area, and maybe it's time
for me to think about........HEADING FOR THE HILLS!!! : )
The only known closest, actual meteorite to here, is the "Zenda", chock
full of Laurensite. One of ( I think I read on-list not long ago) three,
of this type of composition, found anywhere. The Zenda is from Walworth
County,Wi., next county west of me. Lake Michigan is directly east of
me, Racine to the north, so that only leaves moving south I guess. Oh
well, we'll see. Best Regards, Marcie