[meteorite-list] Meteor Crater Stock

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

Hello all-

I have located a rarer-than-hens-teeth Meteor Crater Exploration and Mining
Company stock certificate that will be held in a live auction in Reno on
December 13. It is one of the blue preferred stock certificates signed by
Brandon Barringer, Daniel's son. I have one myself already and just thought
I would pass on the info, won't be bidding. It is lot number 149 and I am
pretty sure you could set up an absentee bid or a telephone bid (really)
with the owner of the company Fred Holabird at fred_at_holabird.org or
775-852-8822. It is in "very fine" condition but does have two holes punched
in it as if it was once in a portfolio. I know when I was hunting them down,
it took years to come across them and I haven't seen a single one since
April 2001. I know one individual sells them in his catalog for over $700
and I think you could do better. The auction catalog shows a $400-600 est.
value. Keep in mind a 15% buyers premium is added.

A link to the history of the crater, including this failed mining attempt
http://www.barringercrater.com/lite/impact/impact.htm

Rocks From Space has a nice excerpt as well.

They really cap off one's Canyon Diablo presentation.

Good luck

Rob Wesel