[meteorite-list] Protecting Chondrites

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:52 2004

Hello Vishnu and List,

The best way we have found to cut thin sections from very friable material
is to use a plastic ring.

1) Put the specimen on top of paper.
2) Place a plastic ring around the specimen.
3) Use the same optically correct expoxy used to attach specimens to slides
to fill the
ring around the specimen inside.
4) Let dry.
5) Cut the ring making sure to cut through the specimen trapped in the
epoxy.
6) Proceed as normal.

This method works great.

All the best,