[meteorite-list] Meteor crater?

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:27:53 2004

--0-1448391864-1069864891=:7556

Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com> wrote:Tom, and all.

Actually, according to State BLM land policy, anyone can apply for a State specimen collecting permit that allows for the collection of 250 lbs of specimens per/yr, rocks and precious metals.

But what is interesting is that the State land managers will issue it for all rocks excluding meteorites. I found this out when Nininger pointed out the process to me. He stated that he had applied for it, and was denied, time and time again.

For whatever reason the State of Arizona Land Department has taken it upon themselves to exclude meteorites... technically ALL meteorites, even those found at Gold Basin, Holbrook and other sites. They have not come after anyone yet... but they could if they wanted to.

But as for Meteor Crater, the AZ State Land Department with the aide of MCE will put us through the threat of the "6 steps of harassment" that I previously outlined.

Steve Schoner/ams

(P. S. Take the risk if you like... And if you go to jail, give me a call.)

Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net> wrote:
Hello List, Just to make it clear, I am the one looking for a LEGAL place to look for CD's! I was wondering if you could find fragments under the flight path of the meteor as it came in. I wanted to see if there was any BLM land under the flight path that could be hunted. I would never hunt illegally although I do think Barringer obtained the land illegally! Even as a Christian, I hope Barringer is burning in hell! : )
Thanks, Tom
Peregrineflier <><
Yea, that's right,
The proudest member of the IMCA # 6168

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-1448391864-1069864891=:7556

<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Steve Schoner &lt;steve_schoner_at_yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<DIV>Tom, and all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Actually, according to State BLM land policy, anyone can apply for a State specimen collecting permit that allows for the collection of 250 lbs of specimens per/yr, rocks and precious metals.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But what is interesting is that the State land managers will issue it for all rocks excluding meteorites.&nbsp; I found this out when Nininger pointed out the process to me.&nbsp; He stated that he had applied for it, and was denied, time and time again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For whatever reason the State of Arizona Land Department has taken it upon themselves to exclude meteorites... technically ALL meteorites, even those found at Gold Basin, Holbrook and other sites.&nbsp;&nbsp; They have not come after anyone yet... but they could if they wanted to.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But as for Meteor Crater,&nbsp;the AZ State Land&nbsp;Department with the aide of MCE will&nbsp;put us through the threat of the "6 steps of harassment" that I previously outlined.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Steve Schoner/ams&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>(P. S. Take the risk if you like... And if you go to jail, give me a call.)</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Tom aka James Knudson &lt;knudson911_at_frontiernet.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hello List, Just to make it clear, I am the one looking for a LEGAL place to look for CD's! I was wondering if you could find fragments under the flight path of the meteor as it came in. I wanted to see if there was any BLM land under the flight path that could be hunted. I would never hunt illegally although I do think Barringer obtained the land illegally! Even as a Christian, I hope Barringer is burning in hell!&nbsp; :&nbsp; ) </FONT></DIV>
<DIV></FONT>Thanks, Tom<BR>Peregrineflier &lt;&gt;&lt;<BR>Yea, that's right,<BR>The proudest member of the IMCA # 6168</DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1448391864-1069864891=:7556--