[meteorite-list] October's fireballs

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:19 2004

--- "Matson, Robert" <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_saic.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In addition to Zagami and Chassigny (btw I don't see
> Chassigny on the
> meteorite calendar for October 3rd)..."

According to my ASU published Catalog of Meteorites,
Chassigny fell:

Chassigny
Haute Marne, France
Fell: 1815, October 3, 0800 hrs...

I think that there is a Martian meteorite stream,
so...

My prayer for the day,

"God send a Chasignite my way!

Have it crash through my roof, all the way down to the
ground, but not bust any pipes on the way.

Have it happen while I am here, and make it so that if
I am in anyway injured, that I live through it.

(I've had one close call already)

And, unlike the guy in LA who ungratefully swept most
of your metorite gift away, neglecting the main mass
in filthy water, and wishing instead for a speedy
repair of his home, I promise that I will not patch
the damage that you caused, but instead put plexiglass
over the hole in my roof and floor to forever preserve
it so that all can see.

As for the Chasignite...

Can I keep it?

To you I give thanks,