[meteorite-list] Images of Wales meteor (no boring aeroplane)

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:21 2004

Bjorn,

I respect your quest for knowledge and the truth...and the university
environment has all the time in the world to debate such things. I, on the
other hand am a serious mechanical consulting engineer who is paid a lot of
money to solve difficult problems in a short time. Most often with a few
questions and personal investigation the issue/problem and answer becomes
evident to me. Other times more study and analysis is needed to get that
answer. I tell my clients my answer when it is clear to me.

That is the case with this so-called bolide...the answer seems too simple to
me. This super gigantic explosion of a streaking rock had no witnesses, no
noise, and no report of movement or dynamics as Rob suggested. It can't be a
meteor from my perspective. Plain and simple, with little time to figure it
out. My bill for this one would be cheaper than normal.

I hope I'm wrong...but the lack of serious evidence makes the answer easy.

Have fun with the debate,

John