[meteorite-list] eBay policemen?

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:24 2004

Hi,=0D
I have to throw in my 2g's worth here - seems that some people on the lis=
spend too much of their time trawling eBay looking for auctions to critic=
ise
and debunk and publish their 'findings' to the list.=0D
Fine in principle, but we are not here to police eBay - I think that "Cav=
eat
Emptor" should prevail here. If anyone is naive or stupid enough to spen=
thousands of bucks on a so-called 'meteorite' and from a supplier who doe=
sn
t sport the IMCA label then so be it. =0D
=0D
Like a lot of people, I find the exceptional ripoffs very funny and I am
quite happy to have my attention drawn to it, but on the whole these
auctions for faux meteorites are all a bit sad, desperate and not really
funny.=0D
=0D
Seems to me that every Metlist digest I get now has a "look at this eBay
auction..." gleefully pointing out some stupid ad - Can I suggest that
perhaps one could spend one's time better employed?=0D
=0D
=0D
frustratingly frustrated!=0D
=0D