[meteorite-list] eBay policemen?

From: Mark Ferguson <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:24 2004

Thanks Dave

I liked the way you phrased that. I have been bypassing some of the posts
for the more interesting and informative ones like Mike's and Atul's. My
minor was anthropology, so I find hearing about India interesting. Its also
a look into what can be expected when one travels for any reason. When one
travels abroad, searching for meteorites or just for pleasure, one really
needs to keep in mind (and an open mind at that) that you will often leave
the "western" world behind and enter into a civilization that is so
different that its hard to comprehend. I wish I had the fore-sight when I
was younger to search for meteorites when I was overseas. But I enjoyed
those far away lands all the same. This list has opened the world up for me
again and although I do travel and camp a lot here in the northwest, its not
the same as being in a non-western country.
I would like to hear of some of the other major meteorite hunting peoples
exploits in distant lands. Maybe, if they read the list, they will post some
of their travels and enlighten those less fortunate or willing. I find that
as much fun as the meteorites they find and buy.

Mark