[meteorite-list] Matteo's Challenge Answered(was India #2)

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:25 2004

E.J.

What you have posted has been my concern for many a
year, ever since the infamous B**** Specks came out.

How do you know, other than the reputation of the
seller behind it?

It is not just an issue with Matteo, but ANY one that
sells such specks.

To determine the authenticy of such one would have to
destroy the specimen.

And even then, questions might remain.

So, my prefrence is that I will not buy any such
specks and if I do only in the form of legit thin
sections so that the minerology of such can be
confirmed via optical and or microprobe means.

Steve Schoner/ams