[meteorite-list] Attention, more ebay SPOOF emails

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:26 2004

Hi,

    Actually the UK site (if it's the same one) is a victim too. It is a
programmer who offers free javascript programs. The spoofers have used his
excellent little scripts and (naturally) left his fingerprints on the material,
probably in the hope that some people would blame him.
    The PayPal spoofs I've been getting were actually coming out of Lithuanian
servers whose operators are most likely unsophisticated enough to be unaware
that the spoofers had inserted their mailware trojan horse into their servers.
In all likelihood if you had the REAL source of the spoof its address code
would be .ru
    Free enterprise with a heavy emphasis on the "free" part, like "free"
money, "free" credit cards (yours), and "free" from prosecution.

Sterling K. Webb