[meteorite-list] (Was Matteo's Challenge Answered) now classifications

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:26 2004

It is amazing how much and the kinds of sophisticated
devices are becoming available.

Scanning electron microscopes; microprobes, and ohter
really great machines, most perfectly useful in simple
meteorite identifications.

Classifications can be done by us, even if the
Nomenclature Committee does not recognize it (as of
yet).

But why not?

Steve Schoner/ams

P.S. Gosh I wish I had the cash to get some of this
equipment. Someday...