[meteorite-list] LUNARCHARITY: A Moon Rock for Emanuel!

From: Martin <Martin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:31 2004

Dear List members,

I want to focuse your attention to a benefit ebay auction in favour of a
romanian handicapped boy, who needs urgent our help.
Please don't delete the message and take a look on this auction, even when
you hate ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2197271212&category=3239&rd=1

If the link is not working, because it is to long, just go to www.ebay.com
and insert: moon rock in the search field.
Sorry, that I violate the policies of this list regarding ebay ads, but I
think this case is well worth it.

IMPORTANT: The entire proceeds of the auction - not just the profit - will
be used directly for this boy, without any deductions and without deviation
or mediation by any institution. For I personally will travel to Romania in
November.

I am frequently in Romania, my romanian girlfriend is working as a teacher
there.
The situation is getting worse and worse, meanwhile and this is no joke,
there are children, who starve. I wrote a little bit about the conditions in
Romania in my auction text and I could give many examples and facts about
here on this list, but because it is "off-topic", you may contact me off
list. In principle the misery would be not necessary, but the members of the
government, the party, the police, the justice, the bureaucracy enrich
themselves and are corrupt in such dimensions, that even the worst african
dictator would be ashamed of. I visited countries, which are poorer than
Romania, but a country that cheat and betrays his own children and which is
so rotten as this one, I never saw.

At the moment I have not the financial means to help this boy, so I decided
to spend a slice of a new lunar meteorite find, which was thought to be my
own collection piece.

THE DEAL IS SIMPLE: You get a good sized piece of a rare Moon rock
(0.292gm, not a speck!) and the boy will get a wheelchair, a computer for
writing and medication.

For those, who are quite new to meteorite collecting, there exist an
excellent site about lunar meteorites here:
http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/moon_meteorites.html

Of course one buys not everyday such a rare meteorite, but it's for a good
purpose.
It's not published yet, but I can assure of being everything alright with
this new find
(it's already analysed and anounced to the Meteoritical Society, will get
its own Dhofar number in a few weeks, I am an IMCA member, and and and)

The finder is a member of this list,
So perhaps Norbert you can say some words?

The data:

Dhofar xxx
Provisional Nr. 2001, Fieldnr HC 42
Wadi Quitbit, Dhofar, Oman
Find: January 2003
Tkw: 245.46g
Impact melt breccia, LUN-A
Possibly paired with Dhofar 302, 305, 306, 307
It's a pretty one, very colourfull, has many different clasts and all in all
a fresher appearance than most other lunaites!

Other contributions are always welcome!!! There are missing the most
elementary things and thus even the smallest aid causes big effects.

For those, who don't like ebay, but want to participate in that charity
auction: It is not necessary to register there, you can tell me the maximum
amount, which you are willing to spend for that Moon and I will ask a friend
to place the bid for you.
His ebay ID is: klaus_hartmann
This is also important to know for the others to see that there's no chill
bidding.

I know that there are many warmhearted and social comitted people here on
the list, I already received first donations (I will thank them all, when I
give the outcome here on the list),
please help, that the charity aution will be a success!

Thank You All!
Martin Altmann
(Martin A.)