[meteorite-list] Re: LUNARCHARITY: A Moon Rock for Emanuel!

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:32 2004

On Oct. 17, 2003, Martin Altmann wrote:

> Please don't delete the message and take a look on this auction,
> even when you hate ebay:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2197271212
>
> THE DEAL IS SIMPLE: You get a good sized piece of a rare Moon rock
> (0.292gm, not a speck!) and the boy will get a wheelchair, a computer
> for writing and medication.
>
> The finder is a member of this list,
> So perhaps Norbert you can say some words?

Yeap, that's true. The specimen that Martin is auctioning off for
poor little Emanuel is a genuine piece of the new lunar breccia
Dhofar xxx, lab.nr. "2001", so you can bid with confidence! The
classification has already been done (incl. O-isotope analysis),
and I can assure you that this is the real McCoy.

Hey Martin, I think it's a fabulous idea to auction this piece off
for charity, and I'm very proud that my new lunar will help this
little guy! So bid high, bid often - I don't have any of this
special lunar left for sale, so it might be your last chance to
add it to your collection, and to do it without buyer's remorse ;)

All the best,
Norbert