[meteorite-list] Rocket Launch "contrail"

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:32 2004

Bob and List,
Over the past several years, I've also witnessed rocket launch "contrails"
from Vandenburg. Most were seen while in Costal Mexico, and the corkscrew
effect caused by high level winds makes for a magnificent display. Us
folks here in Arizona are also treated to occasional early morning launches
from the White Sands Range in New Mexico. These pre-dawn trails are high
enough that they catch the light from the sun and the orange "worm trails"
in our still dark sky are quite spectacular.
Like Bob, I never seem to have my digital camera ready, although, they do
announce some of the White Sands launches in advance.

Best,

John Gwilliam