[meteorite-list] NEW Eucrite, absolutely the strangestever seen!

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:32 2004

Hey Walter,

I guess it comes with the territory. I just don't think these people
have any idea that I have spent many thousands of hours over the past
decade, literally, reading published papers, re-reading, composing what
I have learned, and maintaining this information in a current format as
further research warrants. I wouldn't have the time or inclination to
help anyone else write a website since mine is primarily for my own
information and reference - my notebook as it were. I just feel sorry
for the lazy SOBs that use my website without ever learning anything
about the content on their own. What's up with that? I did use to cheat
sometimes on book reports in grade school so I could get a good grade,
but what is the motivation to plagiarize a website I wonder. Can they
take any pride in that?

I plan to continue to update my webpages on a regular basis from the
most current information so I hope those people who use my texts are
aware that their information will likely become outdated in the very
near future. Last night I updated my Krymka, Inman, and Renazzo pages
based on new research published in the latest MAPS by E. Quirico et al.
I provided references. We owe our thanks to those researchers for
allowing us to learn about the rocks that we love to collect.

David