[meteorite-list] "Earthite"

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:35 2004

Zelmir,

Indeed!, I was being ironic when I said Earthites would look like =
Tektites. I think it is widely accepted that Tektites are Terrestrial! =
(wait for the barrage of posts :) The fact that fused silica is found =
around impact craters ought to be a blimming clue !!

But also, surley there ought to be some intermediate meteorites =
somewhere between Tektites and normal terrestrial rock ? (it would have =
to have been big enough with the right velocity to make it back alive to =
earth though..

Mark Ford