[meteorite-list] Help needed!

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:36 2004

--part1_130.26fc034d.2ccff23f_boundary

Hi gang,

Would appreciate some help here... I'm giving a talk to a few dozen members
of a Geological Society tomorrow night, at a big museum in Carlisle, and I am
sure I'm going to be bombarded with hard-science questions rather than my usual
"what's your favourite planet?" and "how do you go to the toilet in space?"
kiddie queries...! I can hold my own on Martian geology (sory, areology!), but
as a keen rather than knowledgeable meteorite collector I'm not really able to
answer questions about their composition, etc...

Is there a good website I can go to to give me basic details of the
compositions / details of individual meteorites, so I can quickly make some labels for
the specimens I'm taking through? Would save me a lot of hassle - and
potential embarrassment!

Any suggestions welcome - maybe potential saviours could contact me off-list
rather than make this a Board thing.

Cheers!

Stu

--part1_130.26fc034d.2ccff23f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi gang,<BR>
<BR>
Would appreciate some help here... I'm giving a talk to a few dozen members=20=
of a Geological Society tomorrow night, at a big museum in Carlisle, and I a=
m sure I'm going to be bombarded with hard-science questions rather than my=20=
usual "what's your favourite planet?" and "how do you go to the toilet in sp=
ace?" kiddie queries...! I can hold my own on Martian geology (sory, areolog=
y!), but as a keen rather than knowledgeable meteorite collector I'm not rea=
lly able to answer questions about their composition, etc...<BR>
<BR>
Is there a good website I can go to to give me basic details of the composit=
ions / details of individual meteorites, so I can quickly make some labels f=
or the specimens I'm taking through? Would save me a lot of hassle - and pot=
ential embarrassment!<BR>
<BR>
Any suggestions welcome - maybe potential saviours could contact me off-list=
 rather than make this a Board thing.<BR>
<BR>
Cheers!<BR>
<BR>
Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_130.26fc034d.2ccff23f_boundary--