[meteorite-list] Awesome Meteorites at the Field Museum

From: E.J <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:36 2004

Roman Nakonechny wrote:
I dont want to hear from Mr. Meteorite Chaser/Hunter that he thinks it's
a this and it looks like it resembles a that and sure as hell has the
feel of a this and that AND SMELLS LIKE AN IT,

> maybe I missed the great moment when P.F. was classified/certified?
> Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks Bob. Good Night.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~* Roman N. (IMCA # 0583)

Roman is there any doubt in your mind that Park Forest WASN'T A meteorite?

The second observation on your lament of not paying/buying until a
specimen is Classified vs Validated --- is that no blanket
classification in the world will answer the question as to the identity
of a given specimen. Therefore if you know it is Park Forrest..and
it is a price you'd pay for Park Forrest, what does the wait for
classification have to do with this specific fall?

Elton