[meteorite-list] mean streets of PF

From: joseph_town_at_att.net <joseph_town_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

Hi all,

I've been reading the archives like a devoted newbie should. I just can't get
over the negative threads about the people here on the South Side of Chicago.
I've been here since 1963. The stories written about encounters with
the "locals" are absolutely wild. Crazed women stalking the Hupe's and street
gangs running them to the bank! Give me a break! This is not a particularlly
hard neighborhood. It sounds like predictions or misconceptions about this
area were amplified by a lack of sleep and frustration. If you folks traverse
the globe you surely have been in a lot tougher times.

Bill Kieskowski