Re-2: [meteorite-list] final word on CM cubes!

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

Tom wrote:

> ... one I have never seen, Bison, can someone
> please tell me about this meteorite, I love it!

Matt responded:

> Last time I checked Bison was listed as an LL6 impact breccia.
> It was a really interesting texture of lighter clasts in a dark chondritic
> matrix. I think the Jensen brothers and Minresco have some for sale.
> It is one that you dont see very often. Bernd will tell us more ...

Yep, it is an LL6 impact breccia (shock stage S4).

No, you do not see it often. I got my 10-gram partial end section
from Rolf B=FChler (Swiss Meteorite Laboratory) many years ago.

While we are at it, Tuesday, 09 September, Matt wrote to the List:

"I will be at the [Denver] show from Tues thru
Sun with my bag of goodies, ... a new H/L3-4"

Has anybody seen this "unique jewel" yet? I have! I can tell you that
this beauty will blow your socks off at least twice. There hasn't been
any H/L3-4 so far and thus this new meteorite is truly unique. It looks
like an unequilibrated LL3.x and is loaded with lots of colorful clasts,
chondrules and chondrule fragments. What a meteorite !!!

If you should think there is something like an H/L3-4 - no, there isn't.
What I did find in my dtabases is this:

Bremerv=F6rde (H/L3.9) - Tieschitz (H/L3.6) - Haxtun (H/L4)
Yamato 74645 (H/L4) - Yamato 8424 (H/L)

Best regards,

Bernd

To: mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com