[meteorite-list] Re: H/L 3-4

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

Hello

look this in my collection:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcomemeteorite2000/vwp?.dir=/NWA+900&.dnm=matrix+oriented+meteorite.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

unfortunately never have the analysis why I no cut any
piece of this meteorite, is perfect oriented, I have
cut only a 0.7 gr. for a normaly analysis, for the
moment is exit a L3 but hard to give other
informations.
Regards

matteo

--- Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com> wrote:
> bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de wrote:
>

> >While we are at it, Tuesday, 09 September, Matt
> wrote to the List:
> >
> >"I will be at the [Denver] show from Tues thru
> >Sun with my bag of goodies, ... a new H/L3-4"
> >
> >Has anybody seen this "unique jewel" yet? I have! I
> can tell you that
> >this beauty will blow your socks off at least
> twice. There hasn't been
> >any H/L3-4 so far and thus this new meteorite is
> truly unique. It looks
> >like an unequilibrated LL3.x and is loaded with
> lots of colorful clasts,
> >chondrules and chondrule fragments. What a
> meteorite !!!
> >
> >If you should think there is something like an
> H/L3-4 - no, there isn't.
> >What I did find in my dtabases is this:
> >
> >Bremervörde (H/L3.9) - Tieschitz (H/L3.6) - Haxtun
> (H/L4)
> >Yamato 74645 (H/L4) - Yamato 8424 (H/L)
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >Bernd
> >
> >To: mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com
> >Cc: martinh_at_isu.edu
> > meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
> >

> Thanks Bernd for the kind words. For those who have
> not seen this rare
> beauty, here is an image of it that Bernd saw....
> http://www.mhmeteorites.com/images/ll3-med.jpg
>
> Note this IS the only H/L 3-4 and as you can see it
> does look like a low
> grade LL3. But the chemistry showed it to be a
> transitional chondrite.
> Perhaps some researcher will figure out which sub
> group of the type-3
> chondrites it belongs to.
>
> I will post some pieces to the list once I have the
> slices prepared. It
> will be quite affordable so you can fill a new
> "hole" in your collection.
> Take care,
>
> --
> ===========
> Matt Morgan
> Mile High Meteorites
> http://www.mhmeteorites.com
> P.O. Box 151293
> Lakewood, Colorado 80215 USA

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com