[meteorite-list] where did the ZAGAMI come from??

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

This whole thing seems ridiculous...an approximate weight of 180 to 190
grams...no background to it's history(the piece itself). Who knows, maybe it
is a list member trying to be funny...if so, it's a good joke.

As for being big, it sure pales in size when we look at the 2350 gr end piece
in Bob Haag's latest picture book.

Is there a significant Ebay fee for listing something this expensive?

It is probably a fishing expedition looking for some ignorant buyer(sucker)
with millions and million of $'s to waste. You never know what some fool
might do...without the right knowledge. "Hey Lebron (James)...did you see
that big piece of Mars rock...you ought to buy that for your new crib."

What would a collector pay for this thing in today's market?...say $40,000 at
$220/g. I'm sure most dealers would want to pay less than that. Maybe at one
time it would have gotten 5 to 10 plus times that much. I don't think it
would today though...but maybe I'm wrong.

John