[meteorite-list] Denver Show

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

Dear List Members,

After going through over 300 emails since returning from Denver today I see
a lot has been going on. I will address a few items that came up while we
were away.

NWA 1794 was submitted by us to NAU because a few dealers asked us to get a
rapid classification for this stone. This is a beautiful stone that showed
up in Morocco about two years ago. Since we wholesaled out over 20 Kilos we
felt it was our responsibility to have it classified not knowing that it had
been submitted to another lab, therefor there is more than one NWA number
for this meteorite.

As far as the shipping issues go, we ship everything priority. Most
collectors who bid on our auctions buy on the average over five items. We
combine all items in one box and only charge shipping once making for a
safe, fast and cost effective delivery.

Jim Strope mentioned some acquisitions he made at the show and I have to say
these are world class specimens. Even though I got the chance to see these
close up I hope Jim posts pictures so that others can enjoy viewing these
specimens.

Denver was an absolute blast and amazingly enough everybody got along and
seemed to be having fun. Do not ask about the now infamous "Oatmeal Cookie"
drinks served at Teddy's, the end result was not pretty for four consumers!

We were very fortunate to acquire another planetary main mass and are
working on another so I would say the show was successful for us even though
we sold very little. The main thing is that virtually everybody we talked
to had a great time despite the messy "Oatmeal Cookie" incidences.

Will update more later when I recover from the lack of sleep.

Wishing everybody well,

Adam Hupe