Re-2: [meteorite-list] CH or CB Chondrite?

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:55 2004

David and others,

In reading the article on Bencubbenites I have two comments.

1. This is the first time I recall the description of the rounded metal
blobs, blebs, nodules as being referred to as metal chondrules. Did anyone
else notice this? The statement says something like "The metal and silicate
chondrules are in some cases as large as 1 centimeter". The metal balls are
now called metal chondrules?...makes sense to me...but then again I'm easy.

2. If all these variations on CB's and CH's are actually part of the CR clan,
then why don't we start with calling them CR's, and then give them a suffix
of some kind to differentiate them CRL(low metal), CRB-1 and CRB-2, CRH(high
metal), etc.. Designations of CBa & b, CH, CR, and who knows what next...all
under one umbrella(CR clan) does not make sense to this simpleton. Kinda like
what we are heading for with olivine diogenites. I know tradition, known
name, etc. Change before it is too late!!!

Thanx for reading,

John