[meteorite-list] Meteorites in Kenosha, Wisconsin?

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:59 2004

Hello List,
I was just wondering if any of the list members, plan on going to the
Annual Rock show, which will be here in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Oct. 4+5,
2003, sponsered by the Racine Geological Society ?
They are associated with the Midwest and American Federations of
Mineralogyical and Geological Societies. Most of their membership span
Southeastern Wisconsin, and Norhteastern Illinois area. Expert speakers
from Yerkes Observatory have addressed this membership covering the
subject of meteorites. Rumor has it that there will be Professional
Meteorite Dealers and Collectors at the Annual show, this October..
Anyone else hear of this? And if so, coud I see a show of hands to make
sure if any of the IMCA will be represented, or make a showing, and know
who to look for?
Did you know that Forest Park is only approx. 1 hr. and 45 minutes
drive, due south, away from here?
Hm.m.m.m.? Could be interesting what might turn up at this Annual Rock
Show. Please write to me on or off- list with your response, whichever
you think is appropriate and I will send you the link. Thank-you, and
Best Regards, Marcie