[meteorite-list] Definitions for Slickenside [Slick-n-sides]

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:00 2004

Searched the web for slickenside.
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,360.

slickenside. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the
English ...
slickenside. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the
English Language:
Fourth Edition. 2000. ... 2000. slickenside.
SYLLABICATION: slick·en·side. ...
http://www.bartleby.com/61/27/S0472700.html - 18k -

Slickenside
... Advertisement. Slickenside. Photo courtesy Centre
National de la Recherche Scientifique The Vuache fault
is exposed at the foot of ...
http://geology.about.com/library/bl/images/blslick.htm
- 23k

Coolrox Limited: Slickenside Abstract
... The image on the left is the slickenside with the
horizontal slickenlines; on the right is an enhanced
image where the blue helps to define the slickenlines.
http://coolrox.com/abstract.htm - 5k - Sep 24, 2003

Coolrox Limited: Slickenside Story
... COOL-ROX. The Slickenside Repository. Here's a
story about the 'Mother of All Slickensides'. from
Atlin, British Columbia, Canada.
http://coolrox.com/slickone.htm - 5k
[ More results from coolrox.com ]

slickenside
slickenside. Smoothed surfaces along planes of
weakness resulting from the movement of one mass of
soil against another in soils dominated by swelling
clays. ...
http://sis.agr.gc.ca/cansis/glossary/slickenside.html
- 6k

[meteorite-list] Slickenside
[meteorite-list] Slickenside. Bernd Pauli ... Charlie
wrote: > Can anyone clarify for me the origin of
slickenside in meteorites? I > understand ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-September/025862.html
- 5k

[meteorite-list] Slickenside
[meteorite-list] Slickenside. Michel Franco ... Dear
all, Thanks to Charlie, Bernd and Eric for their
comments about slickenside. Please find ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-September/025885.html
- 6k
[ More results from www.pairlist.net ]

Cretaceous Fossils: Slickenside Calcite Page
Copyright © 2000 cretaceousfossils.com. All rights
reserved.
http://www.cretaceousfossils.com/minerals/big_calcite_1.htm

Dictionary - Yahooligans! Reference -
... Search Dictionary Enter a word or phrase to look
up (eg, abacus): slickenside. ... slickenside.
SYLLABICATION: slick·en·side. PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: sl
k ns d KEY. ...
http://www.yahooligans.com/reference/dictionary/entries/27/s0472700.html
- 11k

Dictionary - Yahoo! Reference
... Search Dictionary Enter a word or phrase to look
up (eg, abacus): slickenside.
Email this definition to a friend ... slickenside.
SYLLABICATION: slick·en·side. ...
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entries/27/s0472700.html
- 18k - Cached - Similar pages

[meteorite-list] Slickenside
tectonic; ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-September/025885.html

[meteorite-list] Slickenside. James Baxter
jbaxter112_at_pol.net Sun, 23 Sep2001 23:13:15 -0400
(EDT): ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-September/025869.html
- 7k
[ More results from www.pairlist.net ]

CGzag
... mineral dealer back shop These fragments have been
preserved with care in our dry meteorite showcase.
Some present the famous thick Zag crust and
slickenside. ...
http://www.themeteorites.com/TM2/CGZag.htm -

Nevada Meteorite Picture of the Day
... found in Nevada is the Primm Meteorite. This
particular specimen has fractured along a surface that
appears to exhibit a feature called "slickenside",
which is ...
http://www.geocities.com/bolidechaser/nvpod-archive/03-07-07.htm

[meteorite-list] Slikensides Definition
Mike Groetz mpg444_at_yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:17:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone-
   It is a beautiful clear fall night in Ohio. One of
those outside that just makes you glad to be alive.
   I've went through all of my meteorite books for a
word definition but cannot find it. Would somebody
please tell me what the meteorite definition of
"slickensides" is?
   I've just purchased a small micro with this
included in the description but am failing to see what
this is.
   Could somebody help me out?
   Thank You. Hope your having a wonderful night also.
Mike