[meteorite-list] New NWA's just keep coming!!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:30:00 2004

Hi John & all,
        John - you have nothing, whatsoever for which to apologize.
There are many ways of approaching meteorite collecting - for instance,
I can hardly stand it when I don't have at least a piece of any meteorite
that hit something - or, as I call it, a "hammer" (because it "nailed"
something/someone).
        Some collect only witnessed falls, others collect for geographic
distribution, some collect only whole specimens - others, only end
pieces, and most certainly, collecting by "type" is one of the more
popular approaches.
    Some of us are REALLY greedy, and put together many different
collections (IE, my addictions include whole stones, micromounts,
macromounts, full slices, and by type, along with hammers)
    And, for a type collector, NWA is a HUMONGUS boon! It is now not
only possible/affordable to have some of EVERYTHING - including
lunars, SNCs, urilites, lodronites(sp?), bencubinites, stunning brechias,
an LL3.0, etc - in most cases, it is reasonably affordable to have a decent
sized specimen of each - AND, multiples of any given rare type.
        Yummy, yummy.
        Michael

on 9/25/03 4:38 PM, j.divelbiss_at_att.net at j.divelbiss@att.net wrote:

> List members,
>
> I know some of you guys/gals are not big NWA fans, but it is amazing to see
> the awesome specimens that are still coming out of Africa. For instance, Mike
> Farmer's new Howardite, NWA 1942 is truly an awesome specimen. I received a
> small slice this week and it looks like an achondrite goulash...meat,
> potatoes, all kinds of veggies in a nice sauce. What a mish-mash(mixture) of
> meteorite parts and pieces!! As Mike said in his description...it maybe one
> of, if not the nicest/coolest Howardite around. I only had one other sample
> of a Howardite before this one...I'm glad I waited.
>
> The new NWA eucrites, urelites, C's, diogenites, mesosiderites, and other
> rarities just keep coming. I'm sure new Lunars and SNC's are not far behind.
> These numbered rocks certainly don't have the history or the romance of the
> old standby's or new falls, but from a type collector's standpoint...they are
> just stunning.
>
> A problem we collectors have is that we can only buy so much...leaving the
> majority of NWA numbers to other collectors. Anymore, I have to be very picky
> because the numbers and options are just too much for me. I don't need
> everyone of the eucrites, etc.
>
> My apologies if I've offended or irritated anyone including the more
> classical collectors, or those who have a problem with the NWA situation as a
> whole...this is just a simple, but overwhelmed collector's view on some great
> looking "rare" material.
>
> Thanx for reading,
>
> John

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we
do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.
--
SUPPORT OUR TROUPS:
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html
--