[meteorite-list] New NWA's just keep coming!!

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:59 2004

List members,

I know some of you guys/gals are not big NWA fans, but it is amazing to see
the awesome specimens that are still coming out of Africa. For instance, Mike
Farmer's new Howardite, NWA 1942 is truly an awesome specimen. I received a
small slice this week and it looks like an achondrite goulash...meat,
potatoes, all kinds of veggies in a nice sauce. What a mish-mash(mixture) of
meteorite parts and pieces!! As Mike said in his description...it maybe one
of, if not the nicest/coolest Howardite around. I only had one other sample
of a Howardite before this one...I'm glad I waited.

The new NWA eucrites, urelites, C's, diogenites, mesosiderites, and other
rarities just keep coming. I'm sure new Lunars and SNC's are not far behind.
These numbered rocks certainly don't have the history or the romance of the
old standby's or new falls, but from a type collector's standpoint...they are
just stunning.

A problem we collectors have is that we can only buy so much...leaving the
majority of NWA numbers to other collectors. Anymore, I have to be very picky
because the numbers and options are just too much for me. I don't need
everyone of the eucrites, etc.

My apologies if I've offended or irritated anyone including the more
classical collectors, or those who have a problem with the NWA situation as a
whole...this is just a simple, but overwhelmed collector's view on some great
looking "rare" material.

Thanx for reading,

John